Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I Love Lucy part One

I Love Lucy
Original Air Date: October 15, 1951
From: 1951 - 1957 and 181 episodes all together
Actors: Lucille Ball, Desi Arnaz, Vivian Vance, and William Frawley

     I, like a lot of cool people of his world, Love Lucy. Her humor is clean and makes me feel at home. She's wild and on fire just like her hair. She doesn't cuss, she doesn't use bathroom jokes, and she doesn't tell sexual jokes either. Yet she's the funniest woman in the history of show business. Now that is what I call talent. TV nowadays seems to have run out of ideas. We are now seeing a list of shows that are going into people's personal lives and making a lot of people look like idiots. I have not been a huge fan of television in a long time. Actually, the only show's I've ever enjoyed were Seinfeld, Friends, Will and Grace, Hitchcock Presents, I Love Lucy and selected game shows. Otherwise shows to me are silly. These days, I often find myself watching these old shows and of course old movies. The TV I have in my room could have been a black and white television.

     This show has a great and talented cast. At first Lucille Ball was on a radio program called My Favorite Husband, and then the show made to into a television program and that is where I Love Lucy became into play.  Vivian Vance and William Frawley did not get along at all. I think it's safe to say that they hated each other. And I think that makes them great actors too because they acted like an old married couple but they also acted like they loved each other too, and you cannot honestly tell that they hated each other. One cool thing heard was that actor William Frawley's only request was to have days off when his favorite baseball team played. His favorite team was the New York Yankee's, and in contract he was to have off if the Yankee's were to go into the playoffs or the World Series.

     The show has a lot of memorable moments. And a lot of people have seen every episode. My mother is one of those people. She loves every episode, and literally has seen every episode. Some of the episodes have made fans cry and every episode has made them laugh. I have four seasons that I will talk about. And from that I'll write about each of the popular/famous episodes and the episodes that I simply love and have enjoyed a lot. There will be four more blogs on I Love Lucy because each blog will be one season and the episodes from them. I hope all you I Love Lucy fans enjoy these blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment