Saturday, September 28, 2013

Vincent Price

Vincent Leonard Price Jr. 
May 27, 1911 - October 25, 1993 



 Vincent Price was born in St. Louis, Missouri and died in Los Angeles, California from lung cancer and emphysema. He was a great actor, often staring in horror movies, and most notably, in Edgar Allan Poe stories. Being from Virginia, and the fact that it is almost Halloween, I thought I would discuss Poe's most gifted actor, bringing Poe's greatest stories to life!!! Here are a list of Vincent Price and Edgar Allan Poe movies:

- The Pit and the Pendulum
- Fall of the House of Usher 
- Tales of Terror
- The Masque of the Red Death
- The Raven
- The Tomb of Ligeia 



What are some of your favorite horror movies? I love Alfred Hitchcock, Vincent Price, and of course Edgar Allan Poe, but I have also always enjoyed the great duo Abbott and Costello. Although not scary movies, they always put on a great show even with scary monsters all around.

2 comments:

  1. Price had a couple real hoots too, one of which scared the bejeezus out of me when I was small: The Tingler. "Scream for your lives." Campy is the only way to describe Price's "The Abominable Dr. Phibes" and its sequel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen that, maybe I should look for it on TCM :) Thanks for the recommendation.

      Delete